Full course description
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy Cloud Foundations is your first step into the world of AWS. This course is intended for students who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. You will receive one-on-one support in this course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will qualify for a discounted voucher (50% off) for the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam.
· Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Define the AWS Cloud
· Explain the AWS pricing philosophy
· Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
· Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud, including AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
· Create a virtual private cloud (VPC) by using Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC)
· Demonstrate when to use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), AWS Lambda, and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
· Differentiate between Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS), Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS), and Amazon Simple Storage Service Glacier (Amazon S3 Glacier)
· Demonstrate when to use AWS database services, including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Aurora
· Explain the architectural principles of the AWS Cloud
· Explore key concepts related to Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling
This is an online, self-paced class that takes approximately 20 hours to complete. You will have an instructor available by email and Zoom for one-on-one and group assistance to help you succeed in the course. The course is open from April 3, 2021 to June 27, 2021 (you can enroll up until June 7).
About AWS Academy
AWS Academy provides higher education institutions with a ready-to-teach cloud computing curriculum that prepares students to pursue industry-recognized certifications and in-demand cloud jobs.
AWS Academy courses are developed and maintained by AWS and taught by AWS Academy accredited educators. To become accredited, educators go through rigorous professional training and achieve AWS Certification.
AWS Academy courses help students develop in-demand cloud computing skills by providing hands-on experience in the AWS Cloud and lessons based on actual industry scenarios. AWS Academy courses and learning resources are aligned to industry-recognized AWS Certification.